Sunday, May 15, 2005

Downer

Sox Update: the Sox lose a tough one, 9-6 to the O's and send 38,000 fans home disappointed. It was a good game. sPod is just a terror on the basepaths. He got two lucky swinging bunt singles, then proceeded to steal 2nd and 3rd both times. His 4 stolen bases in the game tie the all time club record..and its the second time he's done it THIS MONTH. AJ homered. Konerko was 0 for 2, but he walked twice. Garcia did not look great, giving up 7 ER in 6 IP. I know it was Garcia's turn to pitch in the rotation, but based on the fact that he pitches so much better in day games than night games, with sunday being a day game, I wonder why the Sox just didn't throw Contereas up there instead on saturday night.

Down On The Farm:

Charlotte (AAA): another loss, but it least this one was close - 5-4 to Buffalo.

Birmingham (AA): Won 9-4 over Jax. Sweeney was 3 for 5. Rogo homered.

Winston-Salem (A): Lose 9-6 to Lynchburg. Collaro Watch: 0 for 1. Nothing else notable...

Kannapolis (A): rained out...again.

Baseball phrase of the day: kalsomine v/arch. to hold scoreless, to whitewash.

Today's music selection: Even though I had the radio on for 3 hours while I worked outside on saturday, I'm not sure I can recall any music I heard. WDCB - the College of DuPage station - wasn't playing any jazz, and WBEZ had their usual saturday afternoon programming, which is that Garrison Keeler Show. So I got stuck listening to WXRT, which was playing mostly oldies like Jimmy Hendrix and Janis Joplin. I did hear a good new song from a local band called Textbook called "I Swear I Won't Be Late". The vocals were a bit whiny, but it has a cool guitar part. Luckily the Sox have an afternoon game on sunday, so I won't be subjected to the likes of Dave Matthews and the Cure.

I've never watched 'American Idol", but I have to admit that I think Kelly Clarkson is cute, and she has some nice pipes, and range, which put the Simpson sisters to shame. Clarkson is like the pop music equivalent of crack cocaine - I know its bad for me, but I like it anyways.

I watched 'The Woodsman' last night, which is not a good date movie. But Kyra Sedgwick does have some nice boobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home