Monday, May 09, 2005

Power to the People Part 1

I took the day off work to fight a parking ticket in DuPage County. Traffic court is an event in itself. Other than the lawyers, I was the only person wearing a suit. As the judge calls the names, turns out about half the people don't bother to show up. Of the half that do, nearly all of them have speeding tickets, plead guilty and get "Supervision. $75 fine." The town prosecutor reviewed my case, realized 1) the cop was wrong, and I was was right OR 2) it wasn't worth his time. Maybe a combination of both. Whatever. I got off.

Yesterday I spent some time in SW Michigan. The usual 2-hour ride home turned into a 4-hour adventure. So much construction on the Borman (again) it looks like a war zone. Ugh. Next time I need R&R, I'm going to Wisco.

Sox Update: Another day, another win - 5-4 over the Jays for the sweep. The 2005 Sox have now matched the 1919 Black Sox record for the best start to a season in team history. But unlike the cursed Sox, these Sox have lead in all 31 games - setting the ML record. Dye continues to slowly break out of his slump - he hit a 2-run homer. Uribe also homered. Rowand was 2 for 4. Konerko was 0 for 3 and sturck out twice. So while he may have snapped his 0 for 26 hitless slump on saturday by hitting two homers, he's still mired deep in a larger slump (albeit, with some hits). Buehrle gives up just 2 ER in 7 and 1/3rd IP, striking out 4, walking 2.

Onto Tampa.

Down On the Farm:

Charlotte (AAA): another day, another loss.

Birmingham (AA): Lose 3-2 to Chattanooga. Blakey and Gonzales each had 2 hits. Lubisich struck out 5 in 5 IP.

Winston-Salem (A): Beat Potomac 13-4. Collaro Watch: oddly enough, he didn't play. Daigle was 5 for 5 with 6 RBIs, including 2 homers. Amador homered and drove in 3. Haigwood strikes out 5 in 5 IP (though he gave up 4 ER). Ovalles struck out 4 of the 7 batters he faced.

Kannapolis (A): off day.

Baseball phrase of the day: uprising n. a batting rally.

3 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up with all the censorship, W? I didn't say nothin' the first time, but it's starting to piss me off. Were my comments on your (now obviously) small wee-wee offensive to you? Geez, I thought you were open-minded, but I guess I'll have to take you off my regular blog list.

WHITE SOX SUCK!!!!!!!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

Freedom of the press is for those who own one, Mutt.

I've got no problem with X-rated discussion as long as its done tastfully, and for a reason. Your comments over the past few days were of the pointless bathroom joke variety.

Sorry to lose your readership. If you feel you can add something to the discussion, I hope you'll return. Otherwise, fuck off.

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, just because you post artsy "erotic" pics alongside your Penthouse Forum reject fantasies, it does not become "tasteful".

stick to baseball, at least there you seem to know what you're talking about.

GO CUBS!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home