Friday, May 06, 2005

Derby Daze


Sun King working out at Churchill Downs earlier this week.

I love to watch the ponies run. As soon as I tunred 18, I found my way out to old Sportsman's Park, and spent many a night under the stars in Stickney, smoking cigars, betting the harness racing and enjoying the atmosphere. A lots changed in my life since then. I still get out to watch the harness once a year, and last year, I made my first trip ever to Arlington, which renewed my love for the sport. Sadly, I'm not as good at picking the winners in horse racing as I am in forecasting football scores and season-ending baseball outcomes. But since the Kentucky Derby is this weekend, for what its worth, here are my picks:

1. Bellamy Road
2. High Fly
3. Afleet Alex

I'm probably going to go up to Arlington to watch and bet. I'm probably going bet a $2 trifecta box, a $2 perfecta box, and $2 to win on Sun King (though Bandini and Wilko apparently have outside shots as well).

Good luck to all...

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home