Thursday, May 12, 2005

Grandma loves the beer pong


Courtsey of The Post/Ohio University

Photo by Jake Mecklenborg

This picture says it all - I love it. I shudder to think what my life would've been like had I not attended the 4-year happy hour that is Ohio University. We have always partied rock hard. The above picture was captioned

" Vicky Erchick, with grandson and teammate Justin Hunt by her side, takes aim during a Montrose Street beer pong match Friday night. The popularity of Ohio University's annual Moms' Weekend remains strong and is one of the biggest sales weekends for Athens bar owners."
Mom's Weekend is just one of a number of such awsome drinkfests in Athens (the others being Halloween, Homecoming, Springfest/Palmerfest and Sibs Weekend. Yes, Sibs Weekend,. You can only imagine.). Moms Weekend was pretty wild, with Moms passed out or throwing up all over town. A few friends of mine actually got lucky and hooked up with a mom or two. And that was back in the 1980s. I'd bet a lot of these 21st Century moms are way hotter than in my day, and look like the sluts on that Desperate Housewives show. Fuck I wish I was 21 again! It was just crazy insanity all the time. Princeton Review consistently ranks us as one of the Top 10 Party Schools in the nation, and they are dead on.

Sox Update: Sox come home and win a good one-- 3-2 over Baltimore, in from of 30,000. AJ and Uribe homer. Iguchi goes 2 for 4. sPod swipes 2. Konerko is 0 for 3, so his 'larger' slump continues. Congrats to Jon Garland, the Sox 5th starter is the majors first 7 game winner of the season. I picked up Hermanson yesterday for my fantasy team and he responds with a save (his 2nd in two days) and he still has yet to give up a run this year. The best record in baseball just keeps getting better.

Down On The Farm:

Charlotte (AAA): Bidness as usual in the International League as the Knights begin another losing streak with a 7-3 loss against Ottawa. But don't blame Adkins, he pitched well enough to win - 7 IP, only 1 ER and 3 Ks. Munoz comes in in relief and promptly gives up 3 ER in 1/3rd of an inning. Smith wasn't much better, yielding 3 ER in 1 inning. Lopez was 3 for 4 with 2 RBIs.

Birmingham (AA): a huge 13-5 over Mississippi. The top 5 hitters in the batting order - Gonzales, Young, Sweeney, Fields and Rogo - each collect two hits. Blakely goes 1 for 4, but that one hit was a 2-run homer. Good thing the Barons had the lumber out, as Villacis gives up 5 ER in 6 and 1/3rd IP, including 3 homer and 4 walks, while striking out just 4.

Winston-Salem (A): Beat Salem 8-4. Collaro Watch: 1 for 5, so he's still mired in a mini-slump. Hinton goes 3 for 5. Myers and Hall each go 2 for 4 and drive in two runs. Rodrigues gets the win despite giving up 4 ER in 5 IP, striking ouit just 3.

Kannapolis (A): Lose to Lakewood 6-4. King goes 3 for 5. De Los Santos, Hansen and Castillo each collect 2 hits. Kelly hits a solo homer. Liotta gave up just 1 ER in 6 IP, striking out 8. Gonzalez blew it in the 7th giving up 1 ER and 3 walks in just 1/3rd IP. Little wasn't much better, giving up 3 ER and a walk in 1 and 1/3rd IP.

Baseball phrase of the day: shove along n.arch. the act of stealong a base.

Today's music selection: I finally heard some of Frank Zappa's 1979 masterpiece Joe's Garage. I'm glad I never heard it before, because as it sounds as fresh and as clever to me as anything that passes for new and innovative these days on WXRT (like Jeff Fuckin Tweedy and his talkin ashtray, shamelessly ripping off John Lennon).

I came across some cool websites earlier today (OK for work viewing):

www.notproud.com
They might be mostly fiction, but I still love reading the naughty confessions - tres sexy!

Here's a sampling:
I was dating this really jealous guy who had been cheated on before. Just for the fun of it I had anal sex with a stranger on the beach. In the daytime. In my car. It was fun. I still don't know why I did it, though perhaps the previous sentence answers that question!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home