Thursday, October 14, 2004

Ole Ole Ole Ole!

US men's soccer team moves on to the final round of World Cup qualifying with a big win over Panama in DC. The Panamians gave the US a game during the first half, but after that secobnd goal, the air just went out of their sails. Mexico and Guatamala also davance. The other 3 spots are still up for grabs with one game to go, but it looks like Jamaica, Costa Rica and Trindad&Tobago. So I think that's the same 6 teams as in 2002... I'm assuming play begins next summer...

I didn't watch much of the Yankees-Red Sox game, but I saw the first inning when Pedro Martinez pitched himself into then out of a jam. The guy is a great pitcher, but his best years appear to be behind him. I think the Whitre Sox money could be better spent elsewhere. Plus, he's head case.

Soxfest tickets on sale tomorrow. Likely, I'm not going...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home