Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Smooth...

Tuesday. Garbage day. I was a bit late to work...the new me had to use "Nair for Men" to smooth out the chest. I don't have that much body hair, but if I'm looking to bed college-aged girls, well, I'd better be smooth to compete, right? I swear, at 35, with the exception of a few wrinkles and a few gray hairs, I'm looking as good as I did at 22, maybe better...and now I'm wiser, or so I think... The big test - the event - is coming soon... I think most women, in these days of metrosexuals and bisexuals, prefer smooth to hairy...its just -- cleaner. Luckily, I still have enough hair in the right places to be a man.

OK, on to baseball...

The playoffs begin today, and after last year, I'm not even going to try to predict a winner. I'll watch some of the Dodgers, and some of the Red Sox. More importantly, its time to figure out how the White Sox are gonna fill some holes... and I don't mean the groupies back at the hotel.. I'm talking middle infield and pitching. I've been reading a few other Sox blogs - one of which seems o have a fondness for Jose Valentin. I've been analyzing his stats and comparing his data to others... in the next few days, I'll throw up some stats that make a case for letting him go. Beyond JV, the only real goner I see off the bat is Contreas. I think his contract is up and he's just too wild, inconsistent and expensive.

I wound up finishing third in both my fantasy baseball leagues, which is a big improvement over last year. Even better, without paying any attention at all, I'm in sole possession of first place (4-0) in a 12-team fantasy football league with my fraternity brothers. And I've already played some of the best teams, this weekend I play the last place team. In fantasy football, unlike baseball, its all in the draft...

Nobel prizes being handed out this week... We'll see if any more get added to the trophy case at U of C.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home