Friday, September 24, 2004

Time Vol. 3

The Sox won another exciting game last night - 3rd in a row. These late-season victories would be thrilling if they were still in the race... The bats come thru again, with Crede leading the way - a 3-run homer in bottom of the 9th wins it. He also drives in 4. Other homers by Rowand and Gload. Contreas gives up 4 runs in 5 innings, striking out 7. Not good, but still better than anything Loaiza has done lately.

More snores available tonight on the south side.

On a personal note, I didn't get to do much yesterday because I had a family emergency that took up the whole afternoon. Spent the evening adding some support to the kitchen countertops in preperation for the new dishwasher, which was installed this morning.

I'll actually be on the southside this evening, but not at 35th and Shields. I'll be looking to hook up with naughty librarian types from U of C, cutting loose on a beauitiful friday night at Jimmy's Woodlawn Tap. Yeah, sure. Maybe I could give one of these future Nobel Lauretes something to write about in their dissertation.

I finally finished up "A Confederacy of Dunces". What a great book -- hilarous dialogue, conflict, strong characters, and overall just a very entertaining read. I'll finish up the biography on Papa Bear Halas before moving on to something new this weekend. Last night I also finished up Carl Sandburg's "Slabs of the Sunburnt West", which I didn't like as much as some of his others - like "Smoke and Steel" or "Cornhuskers", but I can always pick out some stuff of his that I really love. Maybe I'll find my next read tonight at Powell's on 57th... Though I already have a huge stack of unread classics paitently awaiting to be spread opened, and sucked in...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home