Monday, September 13, 2004

Here comes the National League

I've been off on vacation for the past 9 days and haven't been able to post from home, since searchmiracle.com has taken over my machine. I'll try to keep posting from work, but there is only so much I can do - Big Brother is watching!

The next two afternoons should be interesting ones down at the southside ballyard. As you know by now, thanks to the threat of Hurricane Ivan, it's the temporary home of the Florida Marlins. So for Cub fans who didn't get their fill of the defending World Champions from South Florida over the weekend (or last year's NLCS, for that matter), you'll have two more chances to see the fish in action. Both matinees, both against the formerly Montreal Expos soon to be Las Vegas Tumbleweeds or Virgina Squires... It's an interesting match-up, and if I hadn't just taken more than a week off, I'd be there. Tickets are only $15 and it's general admission. Weather should be perfect both days.

I suppose I should mention the Sox, but why? At 10 games back of the division leading Twins, and as I said 10 days ago, its all over for 2004. Let's look ahead to 2005. I'm thinkin bout makin a trip down to AZ for spring training...

Later this week, I'll try to wrap up some of the Sox farm teams seasons, since a few of those are over... To that effort, I need to find some good free links that provide scouting reports on the minor leaguers the Sox just brought up.

Enjoy the newly posted links. I try to keep them short and sweet. I'll put up a few more in the future..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home