Tuesday, September 14, 2004

NOT an off day

Even though the Sox had an off day, there was baseball at new Comiskey Park yesterday. Under the sunshine, some 4000 people plunked down their $15 to see the Marlins beat the Expos 6-3. The two goliaths go at it again today in what promises to be another epic clash of super-power titans TO THE DEATH. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The Sox head into the rollerdome tonight to face the first place Twins, who extended their winning streak to 6 last night with a victory over Detroit. The Sox are now 10 and 1/2 back. Even if they win all their remaining games against Minnesota, which they won't, they'll still be 4 and 1/2 back. Forget it. Garcia faces Santana in what should be watchable since there is no football on tuesdays. Not even Canadian football.

I emailed my buddy with the Twins to get my comp tickets for next week. I'm planning on going on wednesday, but we'll see...

So I'll try to start wrapping up some of the minor league teams seasons this week...

I'm really enjoying the hilarious dialogue in "Confederacy of Dunces", but still can't warm to the main character, whom I assume will be played in the forthcoming film by Will Ferril. I wonder who will play Jones. Maybe Chris Rock?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home