Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Good news, bad news

Apparently, a "bug" got into my blog yesterday afternoon and wiped out my template. I've recovered and reposted all the daily entries, but the links are (temporarily) gone. I'll try to have them up again by the end of the week.

As a result, I'm probably not going to get to the minor league round ups this week as I had promised. Nor will have the opportunity to discuss Nelson Algren or the 'Chicago Boys'.

I did have lunch yesterday with my pal who works for the Twins. He was pretty happy that he'll be working into October... He didn't provide too many details about the post-division antics. Maybe there weren't any? He did offer up a nice nugget of hazing activities that the veteran players subject the rookies to as they're called up every september. According to Twins tradition, the rookies are forced to wear a costume on the first day/night of their first road trip. The get-up is carefully chosen (this year by Koskie) to reflect a player's characteristics. If they have no ideas - its just a dress. Anyways, the rookie has to put on this outfit, wear it on the plane, on the bus, and into the hotel, where they're not allowed to go up to their room, but taken instead out to dinner in the costume by the vets... So, not much, but its something, I guess.

There was a game on the southside last night, and the Sox won it. Maybe they're looking to finish the season above .500? More thrills tonight at 35th and Shields. Game time is 7:05.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home