Tuesday, September 28, 2004

No new tale

Another Sox loss last night- 4 to 2 at Detroit. Grilli looks awful, but goes the distance. He's now 2-2. The Sox line-up is baffling- still full of regulars. Gload got 2 hits to extend his hitting streak to 11 games. Crede homered. Where are the rookies? Why is Valentin still playing? Frustratin, I tell ya... Looking at the Sox depth chart, it seems to me like they're almost there. They need pitching, and it should be a wildly interesting off season...

I think every sports fan is Chicago is preoccuipied with the news surrounding the season-ending knee injury to Bears QB Rex Grossman. He's looked good and this was his year to learn. So now that year is 2005? Square one. Again.

Links are slowly being restored after last weeks' debacle.

I've started in a new book, Charles Dickens' "Hard Times". Nothin like 1840s English mill towns to brighten your day. Just a few pages in and I'm already looking at reading another one of his - "American Notes", which is non-fiction, I think, and sounds great. I'm also in the process of finishing up my advance copy of the biography on George Halas which comes out later this year. Since I finished the somewhat disappointing "Slabs of the Sunburnt West", I can't decide if I should start in on another Carl Sandburg book, likely "Good Morning, America", or just re-read some of his older ones...

I'm going out for a beer after work. Nothing too exciting, but I'll see if I can can lay some more groundwork. I've haven't had sex in almost a month. But I think this dry stretch is about to come to an end - I've got full moon fever!

I'll try to start getting those minor league wraps up this week.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home