Friday, October 01, 2004

I say...

...where were these guys in August? Uribe, Borchard and Rowand homer. Uribe gets 3 hits and drives in 2 runs. The Sox left 8 runners on base and still won, 9-2. It was nice of Buehrle to show up - he went the distance for win #16, striking out 8 and giving up just one earned run. Despite Burke's error, which cost the Sox a run, he was 2for4, with 2 runs scored and an RBI. The win assures the Sox will finish above .500 again. And fail to make the post season. Again.

The Cheat (link at right) has another great piece today on Sox highlights from the year. Most all of them are before the All Star Break, naturally...

Looks like the Cub are gonna need some help if they want to extend their pain into next week. The series I'll be watching is Oakland and Anaheim...

My two fantasy leagues are also coming down to the wire...I've got a shot to win both. Likely, I'll finish 2nd or 3rd, which is good enough for me. Last year I didn't even finish in the top half. In one league, I need a few saves to catch up, so as my starters pitch their final outings, I drop them in favor of a middle reliever in the hopes that maybe they'll get the save I need...

I'm going to Bears game on sunday. I'll be in the $55 seats, wherever those are... The bar car opens at 9 am for me... no Billy Sunday laws on Metra... Special Export beer, baby! It's a sad state of affairs for Lovie Smith and crew these days - after the week 2 win at Green Bay, everything looked sunny. What a difference a week makes. At least I'll get to see a good team in the Eagles. And, I'm looking forward to my first trip to the stadium, even if it is God-awful ugly on the outside.

Saturday night I need to find a bar that has ESPN game ticket so I can watch the Ohio U/Kentucky football game.

Even though the full moon is gone, I got lucky last night. What is it about thursday nights? The hook up was fun, and among the best sex I've had in over a year... The foreplay wasn't much, and the act itself only lasted about 20 minutes, but it was one of my fav positions- side-by-side locked in a sweaty embrace, lots of moaning and kissing... very wet and a bit wild... Luckily I got the operation a few months back- I'm shootin blanks. For me, condoms are a thing of the past...

I've been diving into a lot of good ol music lately. iPod is amazing for lots of reasons one of which is rediscovering all kinds of lost gems I'd normally never listen to - like Graham Parker's "Squeezing Out Sparks" and the Young Fresh Fellows "The Men Who Loved Music." Yesterday, I napped on the train to Brian Eno's "Amibent Vol 1; Music For Airports." I haven't bought a CD in over a year, but I think I'll have to shell out my hard earned cash for the new Rosa Passos. I heard a cut on NPR last week, and it sounded good...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home