Monday, October 11, 2004

Kickin the Starbucks habit

I'll likely be in a more sour mood than usual the next few days as I attempt to give up my Starbucks habit. Nothin fancy - I only get the regualr drip coffee - but I'm hooked like a hillbilly on heroin...

The only thing worse than paying a $1.50 for coffee is paying a $1.61, which is the price after the increase due to "higher milk costs" or some such bullshit excuse. I use to tolerate such corporate shenanigans from 'Bucks because I was a shareholder. But when I discontinued that relationship a while back, I let my tolerance slide with it.

While I'll miss the cutie in the green smock slavin behind the counter, with her perky simle and her perky tits, I'm just not gonna pay more at this point. On weekends, I've already started going to Cousins Coffee instead - same taste, same potency, more convenient (I don't have to get out of my car), and now 11 cents cheaper. Fuck 'Bucks.

So, I'm stuck drinkin the goat's piss coffee they give for free here at the salt mines. Life is no bed of roses, but it could be worse, eh?

What a way to start the week.

Like the Charming Beggars might sing "I need caffine, in my bloodstream!"

As if that isn't enough, I'm broke. I get paid on friday, but after the bills are paid, I'll still be in the hole a few hondo...

I'm currently trying to calm myself down with some piano jazz- Bill Evans' "Sundays at the Village Vanguard."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home