Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Rex Grossman- Poser

Forgot to mention this last week regarding the Bear game I attended (Oct 3 loss to the Eagles). On the ticket, besides my usual seat and section number, is a picture of now injuried franchise QB Rex Grossman. Being the good citizens of the community that they are, the Bears have chosen this stage to highlight some great charitable work. Some of that charitable work is, apparaently, promoting literacy programs for kids. Great. One problem. The caption beneath the picture of Rex wearing the #9 jersey and reading a Dr. Seuss book to a 3-year old girl on his knee, reads "Rex Grossman poses to promote literacy." So, Rex isn't PROMOTING literacy, he's POSING for a picture and faking it? Now, I don't know, I'm sure Rex gives way more time and money to charitable causes than yours truly. However, that misleading statement is not flattering. Go Bears...

Speaking of football, I watched the Pack collaspe at home in front of a hostile crowd last night on national TV. I was rooting for Favre, my fantasy team QB, as I need him to have a good game - something like 3 TDs and 350 years... I even could've lived with an interception... But no luck. At only 12 fantasy points in my Yahoo league, I lost to the worst team by 10 points. I'm still in first and all the studs I had on the bench for the bye week are comin back...

Anyone watching the baseball playoffs? I'll tune in for the Red Sox-Yankees series. Last year, that was one for the ages... And I'm old enough to remember seeing the Bucky Dent game as it happenend back in 1978...

More later...in the meantime, check out another great piece today by The Cheat (link at right) on the number of open roster spots and salary considerations on the mind of every Sox fan...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home