Wednesday, October 13, 2004

"Cacksuckers!"

I'm rapidly realising that other blogs do a much better job of covering White Sox baseball. That doesn't mean I'm giving up, but here in the offseason, I'll focus more on other topics. Sure, I'll have some "hot stove" league talk, but for more in-depth coverage, check out SoxTalk.com or the Cheat's blog (link at right). And rest assured, once the season begins, I'll provide my observations, and a daily round-up of the Sox minor league action.

That said, its football season... And I just finished up a great new biography of Papa Bear George Halas by Jeff Davis. It's just came out last week and you can pick up the hardcover copy for about $20. It's a worhtwhile investment for any Bear fan. The author went to great lenghts to interview a lot of ex-Bears for this book and it shows- the stories are incredible. This is the kind of book that will make you smile and keep you company on those long winter nights in a rocking chair in front of the fireplace. Halas was quite a character, and his gutter mouth is in every chapter - he likes to call everyone a "cacksucker!" Hilarious! Make a great gift for holidays!

Starbucks boycott day 2.

I missed the Yankees-Red sox game last night. Too bad, what a classic. I'll probably miss it again tonight, as I'll be tuned into the US-Panama men's soccer, or football, World Cup qualifer... A US win propells them into the final round of CONCAF qualifying for the 2006 World Cup in Germany.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home