Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sooooo close


so close.. I can taste it...

One important thing the remember; the 2005 Sox are not the 2003 (or 1984) Cubs.

Game 4 was great. Again, the Sox jumped out to an early lead and never looked back. The starting pitching was fantastic. Garcia. Wow. By now you've heard this was the first back-to-back-to-back complete game pitching effort since the 1973 NLCS. To me, that stat proves again just how special this year is for the Sox.

On the downside, the Sox did strand some runner in scoring position, some with none out. That bad habit needs to be corrected. The final was 8-2, but it could've been much higher. And the bullpen didn't get any work again. I hope they're throwing against live batters in practice.

And there were some more blown calls by the umps. AJ's interference being the key one last night. A potential Angel rally was squashed, and the life sucked out of Anaheim.

Tonight could be the night. For the 3rd time in my life, a Chicago baseball team is tantalizingly close to a World Series - one win away. I'll be watching at home. If I wasn't, where would be the best place to watch? Jimbo's?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home