Saturday, October 08, 2005

Was that great or what?


How sweet it is

Photo stolen from Charles Krupa (AP).

Did I call it? 3 and out for the Sox... wrong Sox, though...

The White Sox have indeed turned on the juice these past few games. And last night ranks up there with the greatest moments in Chicago sports history- the Sox first post season series win since 1917. WOW.

No need to recap the game, since you saw it. That 6th inning lasted so long I was beginning to wonder if the game had turned into a cricket match. Marte just blew. El Duque was nothing short of astonishing - middle relief may be his future (at least, immediate future). Everyone hit and made plays in the field - a balanced effort. Bring on the Yankess (I hope) or the LA Angeles...

And if the World Series comes to the Southside, I will be there. I've been saving up for this my whole life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home