Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hit me


s

No need to recap the Sox game... What can you say about a 14-2 drubbing of the defending World Series Champions? One interesting stat that has been repeated over and over - it was the Sox first post season home victory since the 11-0 win over the LA Dodgers in game 1 of the 1959 World Series.

Here one angle to consider:
As I was watching the White Sox pound Boston like a $50 whore, I kept thinking of how much this game reminded me of Game 1 of the 1984 NLCS. Cast my memory back there, O Lord... A sunny summer-like fall day at an electric Wrigley Field... Bottom of the first, and the light hitting lead off man, Bob Dernier homers, followed immediately by Gary Matthews, who also homers... Next inning the pitcher, Rick Sutcliffe homers.. Final score, Cubs 13 San Diego 0. And we all know what happened after that.

I don't mean to rain on the parade.. I'm just sayin'....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home