Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Missed opportunities

When Contreras only gives up 3 runs, you need to score 4 and win the fuckin game. I know the Sox give a lot of lip service to the fans like "We won't give up" and "Win or die trying", but we didn't see that last night. Aaron Rowand couldn't get a bunt down, sPods is invisible, and who knows what is on Dye's mind.

The Sox are playing like they were before that Detroit series, and looking at "4 and out" here against the Angels. Its lookin a lot like 1983 on the Southside - I don't mean the aicd wash jeans, mullets and AC DC t-shirts.

Contreras had good stuff, he just let one get away from him. Crede did what he's done all year, hit a long ball when they need it (though it wasn't enough). I thought Iguchi played OK. Uribe looked incredible on D. The crowd didn't seem to be too into the game, but that's what happens when you chage $200 per seat- the joint gets filled with cake eaters.

I thought about getting tickets tonight, then the financial reality caught up with me. Apparently, they were going for face around the park at game time. With more crappy weather in store for this evening, and the Angels back again tonight instead of the Yankees, expect that economic trend to continue.

Its a busy time for me at work, and at home, so I'll continue to update this spot when I can.

One thing that has me completely baffled, about a week ago, the number of daily hits on this blog jumped from the usual 200 a day to over 10,000 a day to 20,000. What gives? Either my blog is infected with some adware or there are a lot of baseball fans searching for Sox info (and sex stories... from the southside)? Did I get a mention in Wonkette? WTF? But if that's the case, I might actually have to spice things up a bit around here. I have been getting some good sex lately, I spose I could kiss n tell... either that or discuss more of Farrell's Studs Lonigan, of which I'm now almost done reading.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Buda said...

You must be getting a lot of hits because you've become my biggest referrer. You're not able to tell where the hits are coming from?

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger EasyW said...

I guess I have to get an ISP tracker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home