Friday, October 14, 2005

Big big SOX win


Coming home from the Big A, she takes off her pants...

Young Fresh Fellows? Anybody?

The fans in Anaheim that created the sea of red in the ballpark probably couldn't hear the screaming all the way from the area around 33rd and Princeton, but I can confirm there was a great roar when the Sox won, 5-2, and took a 2-1 lead in the ALCS.

Who would've thunk it?

Me, for one, when I predicted the Sox to win it all back in March. I'm no baseball genius, there is just no glory in ever picking the favorite. I'm not going to jinx it by saying anything else.

Garland pitched great. Period. No need to analyize it. Iguchi made a great play back in the 2nd (?). And say what you will, sPods looked good in left to me tonight.

There were some bad moments. The Sox left too many men on base. The situation that comes to mind is when Dye reached 3rd with none out in the 8th, but his teammates failed to get him home. Uribe looked bad striking out in the 7th.

Once again, tomorrow is the biggest game of the year for the Sox. There is no one else I'd rather have on the hill than Senior Garcia.

World Series tickets (all 5000 of them) go on sale tuesday at noon. Since the Ticketmaster system will likely fail us Joe Sixpacks (again) and benefit the brokers (again), I've made a list of about 10 potential sources for tickets. The list varies from a contact in the front office of another MLB team, old media contacts, scalpers, season ticket holders, and the CEO of a division one of the world's largest corporations who can get tickets to anything and who happens to be married to one of my cousins. If worse comes to worse, and price is no object, there's always margin accounts or a loan against my fat ass 401K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home