Thursday, November 18, 2004

No water in the well

The guy over at Exlie in Wrigleyville (an MVP blog, link at right) had a great piece a few days back on the Sox increasing their ticket prices for 2005. Basically, the price goes up for some "premier" games - Opening day, the Cubs, Boston, Yankees and Dodgers. And, like he says, the Sox, unlike the Cub are upfront about this and don't hide behind a bogus ticket brokerage. Supply and demand -- I'm willing to pony up a few more bucks if the Sox are going to go out and get some OBP help and a #1 starter.

So I looked over the ticket plans, and the "Minoso" one seems like a good deal. I figure I can sell off all the Premier games, except for the two LA games, and also unload one non-Premier game and basically pay a lower price for the 3-4 games I keep. Reselling can be a hassle. But I'm not sure I want to make that kind of a financial commitment. Of course, the Sox get the money now, earn the interest, and you don't even know if you got the tickets you chose for a few months.

Since I can get tickets to the Minnesota games for free, and mondays are still half price, I'm wondering if I'm just better off buying tickets for the three LA games on my own. I have to figure that out.

Some good news, Vizquel is off the market. So the Sox are going to be forced to take a harder look at Planco.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home