Thursday, October 28, 2004

Finally...part 2

The baseball season is finally over, let the hot stove league begin.

First, a few comments on the World Series. I watched every inning on my new 36-inch tv and it was awsome. I'm happy the Red Sox won, now Chicago fans can get all the attention for their well-deserved bellyachin'. 1918? Try 1917, or 1908. FOX's coverage was pretty bad. The pre-game show was awful. I also hated all the little music interludes. They didn't show enough clips of series past- no sense of history which I think detracted from the coverage. On the plus side, I liked those in-ground cameras near home plate, and for as much flak as people give Tim McCarver, I thought he was pretty good.

For all his good pitching, I'm not convinced Derek Lowe is worth the money he is going to get next year. I certainly don't want to see him with the White Sox. He's a smart, finesse pitcher- more like Maddux than Clements, but without the stamina. He's a converted relief pitcher with one - ONE - great season. I know another pitcher with one great season - Loaiza. I don't want to see him back either. Lowe's stats have gotten worse each season. From 21 wins, to 17 to 14, and his ERA has gone up. Admittingly, he didn't get much run support this year, but also he ain't gettin any younger. If I'm KW, I pass on this guy.

Same goes for Martinez. He's at the end of a good career, and a head case to boot. Pass.

5 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your Blog Site and it is related to the keyword SLOT CAR just like my

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about make a living on ebayand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about **keyword** make a living on ebay so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get 1000s of Links pointing back to Your Site... Starting Today!

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great football forum high michigan school blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on football forum high michigan school. You can check out my forum about football forum high michigan school if you have a chance.

 
At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey did you know you can get a free ipod pretty easily?
just go to www.getipodsforfree.com, sign up and do an offer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home