Friday, October 22, 2004

36 inches

I have a relative who has been in the wholesale travel business for years. Its a travel agency but bigger, plus they all kinds of rewards programs for credit cards, etc... Business started getting bad after 9/11, and then the company was sold to incompetent management that finally drove it into the shitter. About a month ago, they closed their doors. Now, they're selling off everything at cheap ass prices. So, I plunked down $125 for a 36 inch, Sharp color TV - just in time for the World Series (not to mention 3 months of football season left). The thing is massive - a huge difference from the 12-year old 19-inch Panasonic I've been watching. The Sharp is about 6 years old, but was only slightly used to view trainig videos. I still have to figure out how to hook up the DVD player, but at least the cable is working.

I took today off to paint my garage. But its back to the salt mines tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home