Sunday, October 16, 2005

Day of rest

After a recovery day on monday, I'm not sure what, if anything, the Sox did today. Who cares, they're AL Champs!

I went after World Series tickets today. You can guess what happened....

I've had better luck with my magic 8 ball this season. Back on April 3rd, I made some predictions.

Lets see how I did:

1--Sox have one of their best years ever in attendance (top 4) Yep. 3rd.

2--one of the old Cubans (probably Contreras) is injuried before May is done, and McCarthy gets the call up. Wins 12. Partial credit. El Duque was injured and hasn't been the same since. McCarthy did get the call up, but only won 2.

3--Pablo Ozuna starts strong but fades after the All Star break. OK - way off on this one.

4--Aaron Rowand makes the AL All Star team. Not quite.

5--either Marte or Politte are gone by August. Marte almost... but not quite.

6--housing prices in Bridgeport rise by less than 10%. Sure...

7--the Cub finish the season below .500. YES!

8--the Sox win the World Series. Defeating the San Diego Padres (or NY Mets) 4 games to 2. (Hey, there is no glory in picking the favorites!).. to be determined. I may have had the NL team wrong, but I challenge you to show me any other blog or media outlet that picked the Sox. You can't, cause there weren't any. I stand alone here.

.500. 50%. 3 and 1/2 out of 7 with the biggest one to be decided by the end of the month.

GO SOX!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home