Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Day of rest part II


a day of rest II

One thing nice about these off days - rest...

So its the 'stros, eh? Fuck those assholes from Texas!

With the Sox taking a break, I took some time out to watch a movie I've always wanted to see - "Athens, GA; Inside Out" from 1987. I like REM as much as the next guy, but I always thought most of the music coming out of Athens was weird and wimpy. This film didn't change my opinion of that viewpoint. From that era, I preferred Minneapolis and the likes of the Replacements, Husker Du, Soul Aslyum and Ween. This film, however, has some good stuff on Howard Finster, the B-52s, Dreams So Real (after all these years, they still suck), and of course REM. Before the White Stripes, there was the Flat Duo Jets. And the big trend these days in rock towards intrumentals was done long ago by the likes of Love Tractor. My favorite part was the interview with the "MB" from Walter's BBQ. If I ate meat, I would totally go there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home