Friday, April 15, 2005

Mr. Postman

Check out the April 14 entry over at the The Blast Furnace (http://www.theblastfurnace.net/) - its a hilarious fictional letter from Carl Everett that had me laughing out loud. Every Sox fan should read this.

Hey, Tony, I'm going to steal this idea, OK?

Yesterday evening as I was driving around my burg picking up pizza and beer, I listened to Jimmy Piersall on The Score with Mike Murphy. Piersall is great, especially as he gets older (when I get old, I want to be really bitter, just like him). Just a few hours before the "incident" at Fenway last night, a caller told of some drunk hole in the Wrigley bleachers ridin Burnitz hard because he wouldn't give him a ball. That led to a discussion on fan interaction with players during the game that became eerie by 10 pm. As everyone agreed, there are some lines that you just don't cross. You can ride the players, but it has to be PG rated. And, in a post-9/11 world, if a "fan" crosses the line onto the field of play, as our "cry for help" poster child William Ligue Jr did, then its open season. And if that "fan" winds up in the hospital or the morgue, then they got what they deserved.

Like the incident at San Siro in Milan earlier this week, I think its time to get tough on fan misbehavior. While everyone in NY and Boston treat minor news like this regarding the Yanks and Red Sox in the same distrubingly complusive way that the Brits bizarrely hunger for all things Royal, I think the time has come for MLB to dish out some penalities. Considering what happened in the wild game of the 2003 ALCS at Fenway, my crazy suggestion is to ban "fans" from the first 8-10 rows of seats in that area with the low wall in right field at Fenway for the remainder of games against the Yankees this season. I think that would send the message that this ain't Italy and hooliganism simply will no longer be tolerated.

6 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

PPHHHTTT....

Some Annie droning on in the 3rd person about she wants to bang the whole team.

No thanks.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like somebody's mad that they got served on how best to combine their two favorite subjects—sex and baseball!

And what about players' behaviour being out of control? they're all on 'roids, and that makes 'em mean and their judgement cloudy! and for this they make millions!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

My lil entries here are related to both sex and baseball. I don't comine the two in that sense. Nor do I want to have sex with the players or shove a bat up my ass. Therein lies the difference.

I'm having lunch with my buddy from the Twins next week, so I'll see if I can get some inside dirt from someone in the know.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

Have you seen bat girl's blog - its totally unreadable! She writes like a fuckin 4th grader.. and has no sense of humor or irony... or reality. That 3rd person stuff is worse than Wonkette.

Maybe she could take some night classes at the Winona St extention and learn how to utilize the English language properly. Sheeeesh. She's just awful.

Tony - your stuff on the BF is great. Don't look to her hack ass for inspiration.

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only is your writing pointless and irrelevant, but the smut is Class Z as well. At least give your fellow Sox fans something decent to jerk off to while you all struggle with your self-confidence issues in re: the Cubs and Twins.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

last I checked, the Sox whad the best record in the AL... and a better one than the Cub. Its a long season, so be sure to drop by on Oct 3rd after the Sox win the AL Central, and the Cub finsih below .500.

As far as the writing being "Class Z smut, pointless and irrelevant" - I couldn't agree more! And I make no effort to hide this fact.

Thanks for droppring by. I'll tell your mom you said 'hi', as soon as she's done cleaning my toilet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home