Monday, February 07, 2005

Dreaming of warm Brazilian bodies


Warm thoughts

...surrounding me as Chicago enters the "gray" season.

Ugh.

My cousin, who is a native southsider but has spent the past 15 years in sunny California, is coming back this weekend. He's bringing his wife, a California native who has been here a number of times, but has never expereinced real cold. Sure, she's been to Tahoe, where it goes down to the 20s, but I'm talking about the bone-chilling cold that cuts right to your bone and freezes your soul. Chicago cold, the kind that makes us tough. So, I'm hoping for sub-zero temps this weekend. A nice stretch of 30-40 BELOW...

The STATS Inc books for 2005 are now available. I'm going to try to pick up my copy this weekend. I haven't read their publications in many years, but there is no way I'm wasting my hard earned dollar on Baseball Propsectus again this year - they suck.

I cleaned out my storage unit this weekend and found some gems - including a videotape of a complete, very random Cub home game - Oct 3, 1985. Can't wait to watch it... I also pulled out my copy of "A Day in the Bleachers" and chose to dive into that instead of watching another forgettable Super Bowl on sunday.

This "Brail Now" comp of great bossa jazz is keeping getting me hot on this chill evening, in the absence of a female body or two, as Carnivale come to a close... Ah what I wouldn't give for bright sun to warm my skin, and the cool playful sand between my toes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home