Saturday, January 15, 2005

Go Go Sox, No Go Sox Fest


The good ol days

Probably a good thing I didn't bother to go to the autograph show that disguises itself as "SoxFest" over the weekend. While I"m sure it was a good time, and I'm sorry I missed the friday night gathering of all the Sox Bloggers and the regulars over at http://www.soxtalk.com/, if I would have spent the $300 on the package to go, it would have been a waste. Reason being - I got sick. There is some nasty bug goin around. Everybody I know, has it. Friends, family, co-workers...

And one of the worst things about being sick is not being able to enjoy a drink after work with dinner (or with lunch on the weekend). Probably a blessing in disguise. Plus, even though I got paid today, that money is long gone... "Take 15 tons..."

Two bits of Sox news:

The Sox resigned outfielder Aaron Rowand for 2 years, with some options. Great news. He's just coming into his prime...

Also, the Sox released the schedule of spring training games that will be televised. The last two of those games are exhibitons at Miller Park where they'll take on their former AL West rivals, the Milwaukee Brewers. April Fools Day in Milwaukee sounds nice, and at $5 a ticket, I'm tempted, but I think I'll pass.

2005 Chicago White Sox Spring Training Comcast SportsNet Schedule
Mon, March 7 vs. San Francisco 2 p.m. Tucson, AZ
Wed, March 9 at San Diego 2 p.m. Peoria, AZ
Thu, March 10 at Texas 2 p.m.* Surprise, AZ
Sun, March 13 vs. Colorado 2 p.m.* Tucson, AZ
Tue, March 15 vs. Angels 2 p.m. Tucson, AZ
Wed, March 16 at Kansas City 2 p.m. Surprise, AZ
Sat, March 19 vs. Kansas City 2 p.m.* Tucson, AZ
Sun, March 20 at Angels 2 p.m.* Tempe, AZ
Mon, March 21 vs. Arizona 2 p.m. Tucson, AZ
Tue, March 22 vs. Seattle 2 p.m.* Tucson, AZ
Wed, March 23 at Milwaukee 2 p.m. Maryvale, AZ
Thu, March 24 at San Francisco 2 p.m.* Scottsdale, AZ
Fri, March 25 vs. Milwaukee 2 p.m.* Tucson, AZ
Sat, March 26 vs. Texas 2 p.m.* Tucson, AZ
Mon, March 28 vs. Oakland 2 p.m. Tucson, AZ
Tue, March 29 at Colorado 2 p.m.* Tucson, AZ
Wed, March 30 vs. Arizona 2 p.m. Tucson, AZ
Thu, March 31 vs. Colorado 1 p.m. Tucson, AZ
Fri, April 1 at Milwaukee 7 p.m. Milwaukee, WI
Sat, April 2 at Milwaukee 1 p.m.* Milwaukee, WI
* -- Game replayed at 7 p.m.
All times Central time; Schedule subject to change

Chicago is currently in a deep, icy freeze, but I'm thinking warm thoughts, listening to a lot of Brazilian jazz, and watching "Rick Bayless; Mexico One Plate At A Time - the 3rd Season" on PBS. So, I think as soon as I'm feeling better, there is a Mexican feast in my future.

For the first time in decades, I find myself having some bizarre feelings of "baseball withdrawal."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home