Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Full Moon Fever In the Land of the Rising Sun

Its a done deal. the Sox have signed Iguchi. Amazing. The guy's stats in the Japanese league speak for volumes. Like a lot players coming over from the land of the Rising Sun, he might have some problems adjusting to life in George W. Bush's "McJesusland, Inc.", but once he's acclimated, look out. Even if he's only half as good as Matusi, this signing is a success for the Sox. The AL West is a done deal. Bring on the Yankess, the Red Sox, the Cubs, the Cards, the 'stros. There is going to be some be baseball on Chicago's southside this year. And in 2005 there is going to be a new World Series champion. And the name of that championship team is the Chicago White Sox!

Music I'm listening to today - Massive Attack, Everything But The Girl "Tempramental", "Endtroducing" by DJ Shadow, Bob Marley's "Legend" and Nick Lowe's very fine "Party of One" album... Moby's "Play", which a lot of people hate becuase it got so overplayed, but I love because it always reminds me of the time I spent living in London near Victoria Station....

Beer I'm drinking - Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout, which also reminds me of London and one of my favortie pubs - The Chandos, at the corner of William and St. Martins... though when I'm there I drink the bitter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home