Friday, July 14, 2006

Good friday... NO. GREAT friday

As my loyal readers (both of you) know, I quit blogging on a daily basis about a month back. One reason was to focus my energy on an exciting and potentially profitable writing project. The other was because of a potentially serious health issue staring this mid-30sumthing male in the face.

After 10 months, 4 doctors, 3 CTs, 2 blood tests and 1 MRI the results are in.

I'm suffering from a liver adenoma. In layman terms, its a benign (for now) complex cyst. Luckey me, I've got 2 - one that is about 1 cm in diameter, the other about 2.5 cm. Pretty small. Oddly, they are much more common in women than in men, and are typically associated with conraceptive use. Hmmm...

Nothing in my extensive blood work shows any sign of anything abnormal (read CANCER). If I had cancer, I'd certainly know by now. If anything, I've had a few doctors tell me, after reviewing the results, that I am 100% healthy. Surgery may come at some point to remove these things, but they aren't growing much, so that would likely be years down the road (if at all). Best of all, I have no trace of any liver disease whatsoever. So bottoms up, mutherfuckers!

After expending so much emotional energy on this issue that past 10 months, today really feels like the first day of the rest of my life. So I don't what the fuck I'm doing here, writing this shit to you assholes.

Later.

3 Comments:

At 2:43 AM, Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

Hooray!!!!! The world can keep on turning!

SO happy for you!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear it. :) Stay well,

Cheers,
Ell

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger carl said...

nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home