Thursday, May 25, 2006

HNT #19


HNT #19 Posted by Picasa

An off day - just what I needed to get caught up.

And softball got cancelled due to rain.

Sox Update: The Sox sweep the Oakland A's at home for the first time since 1987, at a time when Harold Baines, Greg Walker and Ozzie played for the palehose. Monday the sell out crowd cheered Frank Thomas, the greatest hitter in Sox history, as he hit two homers in his homecoming. Couldn't have been a better night, as the Sox still won 5-4, thanks to a Pablo Ozuna bunt single in the 10th. Said A's firstbaseman Nick Swisher ""It was just a perfect bunt. I mean, it was absolutely perfect." Like I said there is nothing this guy can't do. .

Tuesday, Konerko Dye and Thome homer in a 9-3 win. Vazquez again pitches just good enough for the win ( 6 IP, 3 ER on 6 hits, 4 walks, 3 Ks). sPod had 2 stolen bases.

Wednesday was incredibily the Sox 6th sellout in a row. Buehrle pitched just well enough for the win, though the Sox almost gave it away. Jenks really looked his best of the season, closing it out - the A's looked completely baffled by his off-speed stuff.

Thrusday night, a good night for the Toronto ballet.

The Sox have the 2nd best record in baseball, but its only good enough for 2nd place in their division (ladder). How bout them Detroit Tigers? I knew they would be competetive, but the best record in baseball? c'mon...

As predicted, Boone Logan got sent down, though only to AAA, as Contreras came off the DL. 39 (yes 39) year old journeyman reliver Jeff Nelson got the call up. Montero was returned to Charlotte. Nelson got into the game on both tuesday and wednesday, throwing just one pitch in the latter (it went for a hit).

DOWN ON THE FARM:

No time to update this today. It will have to wait til the weekend.

Baseball phrase of the day: dirter n. a ground ball.

AFL Update: from My Girl Friday: The Cats got beaten by 102 points by Collingwood last week. As much as we ALL hate to admit, Collingwood, seems to be the real deal this year. But you didn't hear it from me.

Noble rot: Out to a fancy expensive dinner with the MILF on tuesday, we downed a bottle from New Zealand. I don't remember the name, so I guess that's not very helpful. But it was good, and fairly inexpensive.

Beer count - I'm not keeping count... about 2 each day...

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

I'm lucky that no-one I know, reads your blog.
I would be tortured and killed and my family would disown me, for saying that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home