Sunday, April 30, 2006

Bittersweet Blues


Cary Hudson Posted by Picasa

My main man Cary Hudson has a new album out on Black Dog Records called 'Bittersweet Blues'. The former Blue Mountain front man has two other fine solo records under his belt, The Phoenix and Cool Breeze. Plus all those great Blue Mountain songs he did with his ex-wife Laurie Stirrat (twin sister of Wilco bassist John Stirrat).

You can check out some samples of each of the tunes here. I think both 'Passin By' and 'Shoofly Blues' are among his best tunes. And 'Just Stuff' is the most profound song I've yet heard on the whole Hurricane Katrina disaster.

Cary is a joy to see live, so I hope he makes it back up this way soon. Fitzgerald's maybe?

2 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cary Hudson is a national treasure and one of the most talented singer / songwriters that most people have never heard of. And that's a damn shame.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

Hi Plexix--

I just saw your comment and couldn't agree more. Cary Hudson is one of the best and just an all around nice guy (at least the one time I met him - couldn't keep his eyes off my MILF!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home