Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weekend Update


talk Posted by Picasa

I've decided that because I have sooo many pictures saved up in my library, I'm going to try to publish one every day. The picture may not have anything to do with what I'm writing about, but hopefully you'll find it sexy or erotic or whatever, and it will keep ya comin back for more (hey, I'm like a drug dealer, but online, and with sexy PG-rated pictures instead of drugs!). Maybe that makes this blog more like a British 'newspaper' and their 'page 3' girls...

I'm also going to be adding some more links in the right column, so stay tuned.

Sox Update: Sox win saturday and sunday. They've now won 10 in a row and 11 of 12. They're also in first place, ahead of Detroit by a game and a half. Saturday night was a sell-out crowd. Dye goes 3 for 5 with a homer and 4 RBIs. Konerko and AJ also had 3 hits apiece. Thome homered. Garcia must have pitched well enough to win. Boone Logan couldn't find the plate. McCarthy had to come in and save him. Sunday, Crede (3 for 4) and Uribe (3 for 4, 4 RBIs) hit back-to-back homers off Silva, Anderson also homered in a 7-3 win. Contreras had the stuff again. He's now 3-0. sPods is finally starting to hit, but it might be too late....

The swing out to the west coast this week will be nice because it means I will actually get to watch some games, since they don't start til 9 pm central time.

Over on the north side, 40-year old Cub pitcher Greg Maddux is now 4-0, and off to his best start EVER. Huh? According to sunday's Chicago Tribune, it because he actually put in some serious conditioning in the off-season.

DOWN ON THE FARM:

Charlotte (AAA): rained out saturday. Sunday, Haeger has the knuckler going on, and the Knight beat Durham 2-1.

Birmingham (AA): saturday, Broadway pitches OK (7 IP, 2ER, 4K) but the offense supplies no run support and the Barons lose to Jville, 2-1. Sunday, Getz homers in a 6-5 losing effort to Jville. In 5 IP, Lumsden gives up 4 ER and 3 walks.

Winston-Salem (High A): Harrell and Hernandez each strike out 5, but the Hog still lose ot Wilmington, 4-2. Saturday, a late rally can't save Egbert (4IP, 3ER), and the Hog lose again, 4-3.

Kannapolis (Low A): Despite 5 (yes, FIVE) Intimidator errors, this one is a close 8-7 loss to Charleston. Allen goes 2 for 4 and homers. Saturday there were no errors commited in a 5-1 loss.

Noble Rot: another '2-buck Chuck' selection... this time the Shriaz. Just as good as most $10 bottles out there...

Beer count - friday, one. Saturday, one. Sunday, 2 glasses of wine. The weekend was just too busy for me to drink.

Last week, I made a serious effort to start working out again. I've been doing seasonal stuff like mountain biking and xcountry skiing for years, but gave up working out (and my hapkido training) about 6 years back. Well, I've made the commitment to get back into shape, as much for softball season as to work on my 37-year old body. I'm still fit and trim, just no muscles anymore and not in good shape. Last week I actually lifted 3 days and ran about a mile twice. I also spent all day saturday and sunday doing a lot of hard manual labor... I notice a difference already.

Fell asleep saturday night watching an 'SNL' repeat. Nothin speacial about Fall Out Boy. Natalie Portman, on the other hand...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home