Tuesday, March 14, 2006

No title

Just some thoughts:

I've been watching a bit of the WBC - its good to see baseball that means something so early in the season. I really enjoyed watching the Japanese pitchers, and seeing Vasquez throw that great game against Colon. I don't have a lot of free time to sit down and actually watch a full game, but I get bits and pieces, here and there.

I finally got my K1 form, which means I can fax it to my accountant and he can file my taxes. One of my investments is a limited partnership (but trades like a stock) the tax form for which isn't required to be sent out until March. So all my other paperwork is in order and sitting on my accountnat's desk by Feb 5th, and every year we wait on this stupid K1 for a month. Big federal refund money coming next week, gone by next weekend.

I'm finishing up "Leg The Spread" by Cari Lynn. She's has a good writing style and tells some interesting stories about life in the pits at both the Merc and the CBOT. However, for me, it gets kinda boring towards the end. At this point, I just want to be done with it so I can go full force into 'Blood Horses".

I caught some of 'Campus Ladies' last night. Its funny, but after seeing a few episodes, I realized that every show follows the exact same situation - two clueless divorced, middle-aged women become college freshman, and put into a typical college situation and over-react, and nothing is sacred. Funny, but a one-trick pony - if you've seen one episode, you've seen 'em all.

I did catch a great new show preview on MTV - the show itself is actually only on MTVU, which is apparently not available to anyone in the burbs, or over the age of 25, but only in dorm rooms in Austin, Athens, and Madison. The show is called 'Stand In' and as a surprise, puts a celebrity in front of a stunned college classroom for a day to discuss how and why they became super rich rock megastars. Sounds stupid, but imagine Cameron Diaz teaching a Civil Engineering class at Stanford, Bill Gates walks into a computer programming class at UW/Madison, and Snoop Dogg as the special teams coach for the USC Trojan football team. The best scene I saw, however, was when some dopey kid asks Marilyn Manson if he could have some of the Absinthe that Manson was using a prop to teach an art class at Temple. Now that's the spirit! the worst one I saw was Ashley Judd running around the U of K campus for no particular reason. Good show... but its no "Pimp My Ride".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home