Sunday, March 12, 2006

More sure signs of spring

Last night we had our first tonardo watch of the season. I watched. No tornados.

Today is the Southside Irish Parade. When this parade began,about 20 years ago, it may actually have been a true alternative to the 'official' city parade. These days, it seems to have become more of a scene for hipsters from the north who can slum it for the day in Bridgeport. No - I'm not going. But I'll post some pictures of cute drunk girls from the neighborhood later this week, if I can find any.

I know the Sox have been playing, but I've been too busy to pay attention. I'll try to get caught up on my Sox coverage this week... slowly but surely.

Finished that Lawrence Block book. I think I'm done with hard-boiled pulp fiction for a while. So far, both of his books I've read have been OK, but contain a lot of the same cliched dialogue, and the same sorta surprise ending.

For reasons I cannot fathom, I also watched Youngblood - another Rob Lowe movie from the 80s that has not aged well at all. the only worthwhile part of this movie is Keanu Reeves, in full-on 'Bill & Ted' mode, as a French-Canadian goalie, with an over-the-top accent. Hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home