Sunday, March 05, 2006

A well-fed man...

...makes a lousy fisherman.

This phrase kept going thru my head this weekend as I ruminated on the Sox.

I watched the first few innings of saturday's game. McCarthy's mechanics looked fine, but his curve ball was hanging. El Duque at least pitched well enough to get guys out. The Sox just looked a little off to me. I'm sure they'll come around. But you've got wonder, after winning their first series championship in 88 years, how hungry are they? Hungry enough to do it agin? That series bonus money buys a lot of nice distractions, be it motorcycles, women, whatever... I guess we'll find out.

Plenty on today - Cubs/Giants, Mets/Puerto Ricans, and the Bulls/Cavs match-up tonight.

Saturday night I watched Shaun of the Dead, which was really good and very funny, while still managing to be a good horror flick. Highly recommended.

I took advantage of the weather on saturday to clean out the garage and get ready for spring - brought out the hose and some lawn furniture. A bit premature, apparently - by 2 pm on sunday it was all covered by a thich blanket of wet snow.

My plans to go to a party at a bar on saturday night were derailed - I felt a bit ill and stayed home.

I'm still looking for a replacement to the STATS, Inc./TSN Scouting Notebook for 2006. Something besides Baseball Prospectus. Maybe I should invest in the Bill James book? Or possibly Baseball America produces something?

I picked up some more light reading material at the library this week - another hard boiled pulp fiction offering from Lawrence Block - The Girl With the Long Green Heart. I swear, this is my last such indulgence. I also started in on one that I've wanted read for years - Leg the Spread by Cari Lynn. So far so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home