Monday, January 02, 2006

Game Theory

I've been doing some reading of John Nash's Game theory. Interesting stuff by the 1994 Nobel laurate that anyone who watches sports (or playes video games) should read and be familiar with. It will blow your mind.

Basically, he stats what seems obvious: "the outcome for each participant or 'player' depends on the actions of all. If you are a player in such a game, when choosing your course of action or 'strategy' you must take into account the choices of others. But in thinking about their choices, you must recognize that they are thinking about yours, and in turn trying to take into account your thinking about their thinking, and so on."

Its more than that, but that is what I got out of it, anyways.

1 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would hope it was more than that. I coulda told you that and no one is gonna give ME an award.

I read his book, did you? He was totally weird. I don't know how anyone put up with him. I guess we all have a little schizo in all of us?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home