Monday, December 26, 2005

Holiday Round-Up

The tempature climbed above 40 F here on the southside. And for the first time in nearly a month, I can see the grass again (still green, go figure).

The holiday season is now just about over. Good, I'm fuckin' exhausted. Back to the salt mines tomorrow.

One nice holiday gift from the folks at Comcast has been their re-running of all 12 post-season Sox games. I bought a DVD recorder ($80, in both + and- formats - what a deal) for the sole purpose of reproducing these games without the express written consent of major league baseball or the Chicago Amercian League Base Ball Club. I'm making copies for my die-hard Sox fan cousin out in Oakland, who should enjoy the post-game local features not included in the national coverage (hey Dan Jiggets interviewing drunken teenage broads at 115 BourbonStreet!). Today was the amazin Game 5 of the ALCS. Man, Crede was so CLUTCH! What a joy to re-live that moment... Game 1 of the World Series at 7 pm tomorrow...

Other than that, the only baseball related gift I received for Christmas was this. I'd been lusting after it ever since I read about it last summer on The Cheat's South Side Sox blog. More importantly, I had more fun giving joy than receiving it this year. Lots of great memories, despite my day-long headache on December 25th. Ate well, drank well... I'm one fortunate dude.

Speaking of which, I need to do some serious volunteer work next year.

(Is this starting to sound like a Jackie Harvey column from The Onion? If so, sorry).

Another great gift I received this year (albeit it non-sprots related) was the long lost Ed Haynes Sings Ed Haynes album from 1989, now on CD (by Ed Haynes, duh!)! Sent from an old friend from back in the Athens days... I can't recommend this album highly enough. Sorta like an acoustic Too Much Joy... or Fountains of Wayne...

More Sox news to follow, including a winter league round-up... I swear...

No sex stories, however... (tear...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home