Sunday, December 18, 2005

One More Saturday Night...in Loserville


the man himself - Earl Winfrey.

Instead of bein' out on the town bangin', this old man was exhausted, and decided on a night in, eating pizza, drinking some wine and watching some TV. And a saturday night means only the finest Public Access programming of the whole week. What's a saturday night without "Community Essentials", "Dance Chicago", "Glamore Productions Presents Star Performance Showcase Karaoke", and my favorite, "The Other Winfrey Show."

This week, Earl re-ran a classic segment from a warm day last summer during his invasion of Taste of Chicago. Kinda like a 'man on the street' sorta thing, he had random folks at the fest showcasing their talents for our viewing pleasure. Most them were singers or rappers, though one freaky chick did show how she could dislocate her own shoulder. Then there was Ernest. When Earl asked Ernest what he did, Ernest replied "I just hang out!" Ernest then said hi to some lady he had recently met at Six Flags Great America before Earl moved onto to his next victim. Classic. Like his website says - "Oprah is for love and education, Earl is for libation and entertainment." I'd say more like infotainment, Earl!

I also caught a bit of the "Boondocks", which I had never seen before and was pleasantly surprised at how funny it is - well done, too. In the part I saw, the kids favoirte rapper, Gangstalicious, gets shot while on stage at a concert. One of the kids, watching on TV and trying to be helpful says "We should do something." The other kid chimes in with, "I got an idea! Let's get a college education so we don't wind up like that." Hilarious.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right. I love The Other Winfrey Show. It's about the only decent thing on Public Access in my neck of the woods. I like the fact that it's non-stop entertainment. Oprah better watch out. Soon she may be The Other Winfrey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home