Sunday, December 04, 2005

Jaded In Chicago


Photo stolen from Jaded In Chicago

With nothing better to do on a sunday morning, I went sledding at dawn. Childlike fun.

Apres-sled, sipping hot chocolate, I checked my email for the first time in 3 days and also stumbled across a great Chicago-based blog, Jaded In Chicago (also added link at right). After reading a few entries, and having nothing else to write about, I wanted to take the time to offer up my highest recommendation of her prose. She is truly a gem not to be overlooked.

I acutally have work to do today. Tonight, I'm meeting up with an old pal, now a stand-up comic and comedic writer who moved from Chicago to NYC a few years back, but is back in town this week dishing up the yuk-yuks on the southside (and north side as well).

Got a Xmas gift for myself. Didn't wrap it. A DVD recorder. I set it up last night to tape "The Other Winfrey Show" but wound up taping some Roy Orbison thing on PBS instead. My loss indeed. In blantant violation of the law and the rules of Major League Baseball, I am going to use this new piece of technology to reproduce all of the Sox playoff games when Comcast reruns them this month without the express written consent of the Chicago Southside Ball Club. Then I'm sending them to my cousin the Sox fan in California. Bud Selig knows where to find me.. if he's got the GUTS!

That reminds me, I have to copy my "Best of..." college CD collection for a few friends from Athens.. 6 discs that (for the most part) cover 1987-1991. Obscure stuff on there, even by obscure college radio standards. Second Self anyone? Gun? Ed Haynes? Yes, Ed Fucking Haynes!!!

I'm off to watch the Bears and drink a beer or two. More in this space later this week (though not much more). I have a feeling the MILF may - just may - give me something to write about in the coming days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home