Thursday, September 08, 2005

Easy


easy

Sox Update: The Sox have begun hitting again, and predictabily, taken the first 2 games of the KC series. Konerko has 4 homers in the past 4 games, and Uribe is back in his groove. I've also been continously impressed by the play of Pablo Ozuna (as I have been since spring training). As much as I hate to say it, if Crede goes down, Ozuna can fill his shoes. The power lost in the playoffs, however, could prove fatal.

Speaking of the playoffs, there's been a lot of discussion regarding the Sox pitching rotation in the post-season. At this point, most voices I've heard seem to agree that it makes great sense to go with a 4-man rotation. With the way Contreras is pitching, that means El Duque is out. However, what about McCarthy? He's been on fire. Do you choose him over Contreras? Garcia? I dunno... Tough decisions coming for Ozzie. And unless the outcome is a World Series championship, they are decisions that will always be second guessed by the pundits and Joe Sixpacks, from now til the end.

I'm taking a break from my high school locker room style boasting about sex. While I haven't been getting much lately, I've even less of a desire to crow about it. I must be showing my age - for the past few weeks, I've been thinking more about quality than quanitity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home