Tuesday, August 30, 2005

March Revisited

What a fuckin mess down in New Orleans. I feel for those people. Even though many of them chose not to evacuate (I know some couldn't). The bowl is filling up with water. Why do people live there in such a disaster magnet? You know its bad when our fearless leader cuts short ANOTHER vacation to trudge back to the White House, and do nothing. Makes all this shit I'm about to write about seem awful meaningless.

Sox Update: I'm a filthy liar - I didn't have time to give any updates the past few days despite my promises. I'll try now. Sox vs Texas; on monday, the Sox barely show up and look horrible in a 7-5 loss. It wasn't that close, but 3 meaningless Sox runs in the 9th make it seem that way. . Blum homered. Iguchi made 3 - THREE - errors. Today, the Sox split a doubleheader. Game one was a 8-6 loss, though Rowand was 3 for 4 with 3 RBIs. Garland gets shelled - 5 ER in 4 IP. Luckily, in game 2, Brandon McCarthy turned back the clock to March and dominated the Ranger the same way he did under the Arizona sun during spring training. Sox win 8-0. BM's line - 7 2/3rd IP, just 2 hits. Dye was 3 for 4 with 2 homers and 6 - SIX - RBIs. sPod was 3 for 5 with a stolen base. Ozuna had a great delayed steal, picking up 2 bases. However, he was thrown out at home on a gorunder to 3rd with none out. Despite that, he's still about my favorite player on the Sox this year. Ozuna was 2 for 3 and he just rocks.

By now you've heard of all the moves the Sox made, but here's a recap: sPod comes off the DL, Crede goes on the DL, Adkins and Anderson sent down to AAA. McCarthy brought up. Coming up on Sept 1 - likely, Willie Harris, Gload, Anderson, Bajenaru and Borchard (maybe).

Baseball phrase of the day: ham-and-egg reliever n. relief pitcher who is usually brought into a game after the outcome has already been decided.

Today's music selection: with all the accolates surrounding Green Day, I hauled out their old Insomniac album. Not bad for a 5th generation punk rip off band.

I'm about halfway thru the Studs Lonigan Trilogy. I have to read faster, my autumn reading list is getting onger. At this point, I've got Walden by Thoreau, The Worldly Philosophers by Robert Heilbroner and Carl Sandburg's Good Morning, America. Each fall for the past few years, I've read a Sandburg collection. I'm reading them in chronological order, but I also go back and re-read my favorite poems from past masterpieces like Cornhusers, Smoke and Steel and Slabs of the Sunburnt West.

Beer count - monday, just 2. Tuesday, - none, but I did have 3 glasses of wine.

3 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a Really Great Weblog !
Well Done !!

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great nfl denver broncos blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on nfl denver broncos. You can check out my forum about nfl denver broncos if you have a chance.

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the moments that we all feel a little bit 3 4 midget , we offer up a unique (Why isn't it "AN" unique, anyway?) experience at Being Short Sucks . com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home