Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Rock bottom


make the world go round

Sox Update: Last night's game was a masterpiece for Freddy Garcia, but ironicly, it doesn't get much worse for the Sox. Garcia pitched one of the best games of his career, giving up just one hit over 8 IP. Somehow, the Sox still find a way to lose it, 1-0. And despite Ozuna's error, I thought he played well at 3rd, and he hit the cover off the ball. His flyout to deep center in th 7th is a homer in almost any other park in the majors. The Sox must win the next 2 or jepordize their top spot in the AL Central. I'll be watching, along with a whole lot of friends in green and silver cans, as I like to keep my self-medication within arms reach.

Oh, and the Indians won again. The 13 game lead has now been reduced to 7.

Down On The Farm:

I'll provide more of a comprehensive summary later this week.

Baseball phrase of the day: is also taking a day off.

Today's music selection; the iPod shuffle seemed to lock onto a lot of Hawaiian music today, which meant surf guitars from Dick Dale an the Ventures, as well as some slack key... Lord knows I have more slack key in my music collection than one man should.

Beer count; tuesday -1. Monday -0 (but I had 2 glasses of wine). Sunday - 1. Not bad. The next two nights, however, could get ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home