Wednesday, April 20, 2005

From a tuesday point of view


laid

Like a kettle in the kitchen, I feel the steam begin to brew...

Sox Update: El Duque looks alternately unhittable and awful from inning to inning. He looked so good early on, then strated throwing up melons in the 6th and loaded the bases. I credit him with working out of that jam. Iguchi again goes 2 for 4, but gets caught stealing...again. Konerko goes 2 for 4 with a homer. AJ and Crede get 2 hits apeice. Everett strikes out 3 times in 4 AB.

Minor League Update:
Charlotte (AAA): McCarthy gives up 5 ER in 5 1/3rd IP en route to his 2nd straight loss, and the Knights lose 6-4 to Toledo. He struck out 6. Toca goes 2 for 4 with a homer and 2 RBIs. Anderson also went 2 for 4, but struck out twice. Lopez was 2 for 3.

Birmingham (AA): Beat Jax 4-1. Fields homers. Blakely strikes out 3 times in 4 ABs. Lamura strikes out 4 in 3 IP of relief work.

Winston-Salem (A): Beat Myrtle Beach 8-5. Collaro continues to be hot -- 2 for 5, a homer and 3 RBIs. Schnurstein gets 3 hits, including a homer. Valido got 2 hits and 2 RBIs. Molina and Myers also got 2 hits each.

Kannapolis (A): lose to Greensboro 2-1. Hansen strikes out 6 in 6 IP, giving up no earned runs, but his throwing error in the 4th costs the Intimidators the game.

Baseball phrase of the day: eephus n. a high-arching pitch that reaches an apex of approximately 25 feet above the ground between the mound and the plate. I heard the Hawk and DJ calling pitch from El Duque an "eephus" during last night's game. But his pitches don't reach that 25 foot height. Not even close. So techinically, El Duque isn't really throwing an eephus, just a high, strange, off speed pitch.

Had lunch with my pal from the Twins yesterday. Its too early in the season for much inside stuff. Suffice to say the Twins are confident in their ability to win another AL Central title. I'm not so sure. We discussed Moneyball a bit. Despite the Twins low pay roll, they don't play the game of Bill Jamesians and Billy Beane. The Twins play good fundamental ball. According to my pal, the reason the A's needs guys on base is because they require someone to hit a homer and drive in runs since they don't play good, solid fundamental baseball. I guess my recipe for success falls somewhere in-between the Moneyball way and the traditional way. But what do I know...

I had a comment to this blog two days ago that I seem to "fuck a lot." I dunno. What is "a lot"? I'd like to fuck twice a day, but its not always up to me. I guess I average about 50 times a year. That sounds like a lot, but you draw it out over 12 months, and its less than once a week. For me, its more about quality than quanitity. I have a mind-blowing session about every 6 weeks or so (at least lately), and more "service oriented" sex less frequently. And I don't post it here every time I shoot my load. For instance, I got laid last night, but just don't feel like discussing it, even though I have a big smile on my face as I go to work this morning.

As a reminder - As a part of the International Pop Overthrow, on Sunday April 24, the Kings are playing at the Beat Kitchen, along with 7 other bands, for just $8. Do NOT miss this show!

1 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

50 times a year doesn't sound like a lot. It sounds like about once a week. If ya got a regular girl, then you should be averaging more than that if you want to be considered a stud.

But you get more tail than I do anyway. I like mexican chicks. You ever do one? Only one for me, and it was a long time ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home