Sunday, April 17, 2005

Don't Be Sad

..cause two out of three ain't bad. Again. But at some point, the Sox are going to have to sweep a series.

Sox Update: a 5-4 loss at the hand of the Mariner. Garica gives up 5 ER in 7 IP. Mr. Swing At Everything actually went 3 for 3, which is especially good for me since I have him in my fantasy league. He also layed down a sweet sac bunt in the first. Everett homered. Props to AJ for a great throw that nailed Reed trying to steal second. Politte struck out 4 in 2 IP.

As I write this, I'm making a batch of beer nuts, which can only mean one thing; I'm heading out to the ball yard tomorrow evening for the first time this season. Look for me in the left field bleachers. Contreas and Lohse scheduled. Should be good.

Minor League Update:
Charlotte (AAA): lose again, 8-7 in 12 innings at Columbus. Spidale homered and drove in 3. Martinez had 3 hits. Philips gives up 6 ER in 2 and 2/3rd IP. Smith struck out 3 in 1 and 2/3rds of work.

Birmingham (AA): The Baron beats Montgomery 4-2. Rogo goes 3 for 4 with 2 RBIs. Young homers, doubles and scores twice.

Winston-Salem (A): ...lose 15-8 to Lynchburg. Hinton gets 3 hits, Collaro goes 2 for 4. Valido homers and doubles. The pitching line looks so awful I'm not going to rehash it here.

Kannapolis (A): A big win over Ashville, 17-6. Hansen and Castillo each get 4 hits, King goes 3 for 5, hits 2 homers and drives in 5. The pen is forced to mop up a bad start from Harrell, who gives up 4 ER in 4 IP, including 3 homers.

About the only portion of ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball that I saw was knockout Sam Ryan's 7th inning stretch bit. After segments the previous two weeks on Fat Joe and the morbidly obese guitarist from Bowling For Soup, I was anxious to see if the streak of heavy guest profiles would continue. Sadly, it did not, as local Hotlanta popsters Collective Soul, who all appear to be height and weight proportionate, provided some reflections on the Braves. Blah.

Baseball pharse of the day: Nats n. nickname for the Washington Senators, especially during the years 1939-57 when they were known as the Nationals.

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i only like the fucking parts. it sounds like you fuck a lot. is it true? people can say anything on the internet, and how do we know if this is true? you sound hot, too. are you? do you post pic of you?

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

Ok, I'll try to engage in more fornication. If it was up to me, I'd be doin it right now, instead of writing this. But here I am...

AS far as I pic goes, uh, no. Well, maybe. You show me yours...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home