Tuesday, August 01, 2006

If today is tuesday, this must be Kansas City

I just have no imagination today - work drained the life out of me.

Things are pretty quiet on the Southside. But its hot out, damn hot. I'm drinking a Special Ex tall boy and watching the Sox try to beat the Royals in KC. The Sox had 2nd and 3rd with none out in the 6th and failed to score. Pathetic.

I have a new tavern review written, but am waiting until I can get my Hello working so I can publish a picture of the joint. That means no more participation in Half-Naked Thursday for me either. Damn!

Some of the great times I had planned this week - like last week - fell thru. I didn't go down to Bears camp monday because it was just too hot. I had an event planned today, which also got called off due to the heat. Same for tomorrow's Brazilian/Portugese fado concert in Grant Park. The cool down is coming thursday, just in time for my softball game. Pizza friday and saturday, then softball again on sunday night. Maybe going to a party on saturday.

Speaking of football, the Illini finally set a time for the October 14th game against my beloved Ohio U Bobcats - its a 6 pm night game. Hooray! A night in Champaign!

Oh, and I'm broke. Beyond broke. I had to file an amended tax return in May and am still waiting on my $132 - of which $50 belongs to my accountant.

More bad financial news - unlike last year, my firm is not giving out company shares to sell at Xmas. I just found out it was a one-time thing last year. So I need to raise about $1000 before December to do my share for first world consumption during the holiday gift giving pleasure. But my more immediate problem is that I need to send out my property taxes in 2 weeks and am $600 short. And I need to fix the broken windshield on my car - that's another $200. Maybe I can get a 3rd shift job at a factory or something. Man, I don't want to have to resort to UPS or selling a kidney.

As the season winds down, I'm trying to get some more light summertime reading in. I'll dive into a short story collection this week.

I'm not real disappointed the Sox didn't make a move before the trading deadline. I think they have the horses to contend. I'm a bit dismayed over Thome's apparent injury. The weekend series in Toronto will be a big one..and exciting. The Tigers are going to collaspe. They have to...

I'm eating and drinking like mad, desperately trying to gain about 8 lbs. Not much luck so far. What's a vegetarian to do?

No sex from the MILF lately. I need a fuck buddy! Someone who is up for anything, and expects nothing in return. It would help if she is hot, and also in a serious relationship.

Thornton just came on in relief in the 8th, and promptly surrendered 2 runs to knot this one up. On to the 9th...

5 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avocados and Almonds. Eat a lot of them. Good fat.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

Good advice.

Also - eating a lot of cheese, chocolate and beer at 11 pm? Not helping...

What is wrong with me? Why can't I gain any weight!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

I don't believe there is a healthy way to gain weight.

So just become a slob.

Eat fast food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Drink at least 3 beers every night.
And make sure you don't do any exercise whatsoever. Get one of those electric wheelchairs!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger EasyW said...

Also good advice, but not possible.

I have no spare money to eat out.

I'm still taking it easy on my liver.

I'm playing softball like crazy, and have no intention f giving it up, and still ride my bike to and from the train station each day...

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

Well then, you are fit.

Fit people don't easily put on weight.

I would then advise on eating lots of red meat, but of course that is out of the question!

Anytime you cook at home, add a whole lot of oil.
Whenever I am in the mood for vegies, I roast a whole lot of potatoes, carrots, parsnip and pumpkin in the oven covered with a ridiculous amount of olive oil. (and garlic, rosemary ect) Then I make a lot of gravy, adding even more oil. And there you have it - a yummy, high carb, really fattening serving of vegetables.

Eat a lot of pasta (any high carb food) late at night.
Increase your bread consumption.

Add cheese sauce to everything.

Drink a lot of milkshakes. And coca-cola.

Eat things high in sugar. Get a big bag of gummi bears and snack all day, every day. Or if you don't like sweets, eat A LOT of bananas.

And whenever you can afford some greasy fries... go for it.

Better yet, just get some cash together for a deep fryer!! And deep fry everything!!!

Haha! I want your diet!

That was total blubber, sorry.

Moral of the story is: Eat high carb foods, especcially late at night. Eat foods high in sugar. Also make sure your fluid intake is high in sugar where possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home