Sunday, July 23, 2006

Watch This Space

I've been buried at the salt mines... so no updates lately.

It was nice to see the Sox finally win today. Matt Thornton is coming along nicely. A turnaround like the one Thornton experienced from Seattle to Chicago makes you realize what a great pitching coach Don Cooper is...The fucking Mariners didn't know what they had in Thornton.

Over the weekend, the Wall Street Journal had a piece on teams with the best record at the All Star Break and how many went on to the World Series. The stat covered both leagues, but only went back 6 years... The only two teams with the best record at the break to make the series were the St. Louis Cardinals (2004 loss vs the Boston Red Sox) and the 2005 White Sox (winners and still, defending WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS). that doesn't bode well for the Detroit Tigers. A collaspe is coming. It is . I swear it is...

Few odds and ends in my life worth noting.

I might get a chance to actually play in a game at Sox Park in the near future. Details forthcoming. Suffice to say, I had to call in some solid 'I owe ya's.

I finished Eugenie Grandet. Good, but more high schoolish - along the line of Dickens' Hard Times. And you never know how that shit is gonna translate from French. Now, Crime and Punishment - that's a whole different ballgame... Onto some short stories to finish out the summer...

Softball was a brutal 30-0 loss on tuesday. I had to miss thursday (we won). I'll be back at it this tuesday, but will have to miss my suburban league again on friday for work. Oh, and thanks to Perry Farrell and his fucking freak show, my coed city league gets a big 2-week break due to the set-up and tear down in Grant Park in August. If the fucking Flaming fucking Lips mess up my field I will personally kick the shit out of Wayne Coyne and make him sorry for Zaireeka!

Watch this space- Monday stands to be among the most intersting evenings of the year for me...

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your team lost 30 to 0?! Who's your pitcher, Charlie Brown?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home