Thursday, August 03, 2006

Afterglow Part 2

Just got home from a late softball game under the lights. I played my best game of the year. 3 for 3 with 3 runs scored, I hustled around the basepaths and made some good plays out in right center. I even gunned down two runners going to third. I'm totally charged up. What a great fuckin game. Sadly, no money to go to the bar afterwards.. but we are beginning to discuss joining the fall league... Five games to go, sunday and next friday in the burbs, then the following three tuesdays in Grant Park. I'm ready to fuckin destroy!!!!

I played well enough to consider participating in the '38 and over' baseball league next year. I'll be (just barely) 38 next spring... but I'm the youngest 38 year old ever. I can hit the curve, and knock you so silly your kids will be stupid.

Work is finally getting back to a managable level. Still I'm $600 short this week... and another $300 short on my property taxes due at the end of the month... Got to do something about this. I'm sick of struggling, sick of just barely scraping by... I have an assload of money set aside for retirement (savings and investing is always my first priority), but can't pay the fuckin electric bill. Drivin to the poor house in a limo...

Sox were off tonight - big 3 game weekend series in the North Country begins tomorrow. The Sox will lose badly - too many hot stripper Annies in Toronto to fuck.

Pre-game tonight I had some time to kill and picked up my copy of The Complete Poems of Carl Sandburg. I read some of my favorite poems from 'Chicago' Poems' and 'Cornhuskers'. Good stuff from the former Elmhurst resident.

Tallegeda Nights- The Ballad of Rickey Bobby is getting good reviews. Can't wait to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home