Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Dog Days of Winter

These are the 'dog days' of winter on the south side - that period of cold-weather suffuring with the novelty of holiday snow long since gone, and spring not quite around the corner. January was nice and mild, it was above 40 most of the month, which was much needed after all the snow and cold in December. Old Man winter is back with a vengence this month. Great.

Its also an in-between time for my viewing of sports. February - the time between the Super Bowl and spring training. Since I'm not a basketball or hockey fan, I have no interest in any sport this time of the year. However... I'm a Winter Olympics nerd - in 2002 I trekked out to Park City to catch some of the events (and do some skiing of my own). Fun time. So, to cover those 'in between dogs days', this month I'll have more posts on the events from Torino (or Turin). The games begin friday (well, saturday, really. The opening ceremony is friday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home