Saturday, January 07, 2006

White Sox Notes

This blog is about the White Sox, right? Well, sometimes... I just realized I haven't provided any Sox news updates since Garland's signing. There hasn't been much news, but here it is:

--Sox agreed to terms with recently-acquiried utility infielder Rob Mackowiak. He'll get $5.3 mil over 2-years with a club option for 2008. Pretty good deal for both sides...
--Pitchers and catchers report to spring training February 17.
--I've been trying to get some info on Sox prospects who are playing winter league ball, but haven't had a lot of luck. Some these sites/teams don't seem to be current. I'll still try to provide a comprehensive report soon, but in the meantime, check out this article on Owens and Haeger's work in Venezuela.
--Single game tickets go on sale January 27. Like last season, I'll be relying on friends with the Twins and US Cell (the company, not the park) to hook me up with a game or two. Looking at the schedule, There are only 6 half-priced monday games. Weather-premitting, I'll be at the game May 22 vs Oakland. I also have a 'friend of a friend' who apparently has some sweet season tickets right behind the Sox dugout. I'm going to try to purchase 2-3 games off him, including two weekday maitnees - thursday May 4 vs Seattle and thursday August 17 vs KC. I'm not even going to try to go after any of the popular games - I just refuse to pay... even after winning a World Series... its just too much money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home